- H-1B & Green Card related policy changes – Impact on Tech Staffing Companies
- 1+ Million New Tech Jobs
- TAG partners with TechFetch for Job Fairs and Job Posting Board
- Techfetch Hosts Global Recruiters’ Meet in Chennai, Hyderabad & Noida
- How To Handle Job Interview Stress
- How To Prepare For Online Video Interview
- Being Practical and Being Innovative: What Does Your Company Need? | jagatha on Being Practical and Being Innovative: What Does Your Company Need?
- Secrets To Success For Your Company: How To Beat The Competition | jagatha on Secrets To Success For Your Company: How To Beat The Competition
- How To Avoid Procrastination To Help Grow Your Career | jagatha on How To Avoid Procrastination To Help Grow Your Career
- The One Thing You Must Have In Order To Launch A Startup | jagatha on The One Thing You Must Have In Order To Launch A Startup
- Personal Branding And Your Career: Your Reputation Depends On It | jagatha on Personal Branding And Your Career: Your Reputation Depends On It
: 6000 days ago
Over half of Indian IT professionals may return to India – Survey
Early April, Corp-Corp conducted a survey among Indian IT professionals. More than 1000 professionals responded to this survey. The results show more than half of the Indian IT professionals are planning to return to India.
Here are a few quick insights from the survey:
- 50.1% of the people said that they will be returning to India soon.
- 6.4% of them have already returned to India and
- 43% do not have plan to return.
The survey participants includes permanent residents, citizens and Visa holders. The survey results shows 69% of visa holders and 57% permanent residents or citizens are intend to return.
Motivation to Return to India
Here are the key motivating factors for professionals to return to India:
- The primary reason (51%) for the return is rejoining their family members in India.
- 26% of responded that better opportunities in India are the reason for their return.
- Only 3% says they are returning due to job loss which is consistent with low unemployment of around 6% in the IT sector even though the generic unemployment is over 8%.
- Around 10% are planning their return as they believe better education for their kids in India.
There are about 2 million Indians living in US and many of them hold bachelor or higher degrees. Indians share large percentage in numbers among the PHD holders. Among Asian Indian population around 60% of them are management or professional occupations.
Corp-Corp.com CEO Prabakaran Murugaiah says, “Many of the returning Indians are having aged parents back home to take care. Also, recent economic growth in India with many good opportunities fueled their thought process of heading back. In addition to that many US companies are opening their offices in India and hiring more to target the growing market in Asia. There may be some challenges in filling the gap created by these resources, because we cannot create a 10 years experienced resource next day. However there are 6 million IT professionals working in US and this may not be a bigger impact for US Tech industry. This trend may very well be a Win-Win situation for both countries.”
Detailed Survey Results
TAG partners with TechFetch for Job Fairs and Job Posting Board September 23, 2014 0 comments