- AWS Cloud Computing for IT Professionals
- How To Apply for WIA Training Grants From Government?
- Techfetch.com Launches Techfetch Academy – Online Platform with Hundreds of IT Courses
- Contribute Regularly To Leverage Your Network And Grow Your Career
- How To Demonstrate You Are Results-Oriented To Get Hired
- Effective Methods for Developers to Become Subject Matter Experts
- What are SaaS Cloud Computing Pros and Cons - What is Cloud Computing - Cloud Computing on Pros and Cons: Cloud Computing
- Taufique shaikh on Paramveer S Sidhu – Featured Recruiter
- Dan Zubrzycki on Mistakes to Avoid
- JANET RAJ on Making Your IT Recruiting Company Stand Out in the Face of Heavy Competition – Click here to register
- Jislingidwiny on Software consulting jobs lucrative and rewarding
: 5124 days ago
Etiquette Tips for Video Conference Interviews
Video conferencing is a very effective tool for communicating with clients when it is not possible for the parties to be physically present at the same place. It is widely used for conducting interviews. It is also more economical and time-saving when compared to face-to-face meetings. When you are in a video conference interview, it is important to make a good impression. Here are a few etiquette tips to help you during an interview:
• In a video conference interview, all participants should introduce themselves in turns. If there are more than two to three people in a conference, write down their names to ensure that you address them correctly in future.
• Pause after the interviewer has finished speaking. Sometimes, there can be delays in receiving audio and video.
• Communicate in short sentences. Use a clear voice when talking. Talk in a normal voice range. Most microphones are capable of picking your voice effectively. Also, ensure that you listen carefully when the interviewer talks to you.
• At the end of a video conference, summarize your points and inform the interviewer whether you are interested in the job or not. If you are, clarify the steps that will follow.
Pay attention to your physical appearance
Shirts in pastels teamed with ties with simple patterns can be a good combination. Avoid wearing shirts one solid color like red, navy, black or even white. Stripes, plaids and patterns that are complex should also not be worn in a video conference interview. Make-up elements and jewelry that are glossy and shiny can reflect light. This can be quite distracting for the person watching you.
Adopt a confident body language
When you talk to the interviewer, look directly at the monitor. This will be similar to when you are face-to-face with the interviewer and looking him in the eye. Avoid moving around too much or using excessive gestures. These movements can be quite distracting to the interviewer.
Photo Courtesy: live-conferencing on Flickr
How To Apply for WIA Training Grants From Government? October 24, 2013 0 comments
How To Demonstrate You Are Results-Oriented To Get Hired August 17, 2013 0 comments